Saturday, January 30, 2010

Snow Cream

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 6:22 PM


This is what I saw when I walked out the side door of my dorm this morning and it's been snowing ever since!



I braved the elements in my pajamas and rainboots (well today they were snowboots) just to get my snow cream!



Getting the snow!!! BRRRRR!!!!

In honor of this wonderful winter storm...let's make snow cream :) Now, I have been APPALLED at the number of people who do not know what this stuff is. It is funny that this is a southern tradition when we are the ones who never get snow...oh well, I'm going to tell you what it is so you northerners can learn from us southerners who know how to do a snow day up right! The basic ingredients for snow cream are snow, sugar, vanilla, milk, and delicious. That's about it. I ate 4 cups today (hee hee). There are SO many variations on this stuff that you can do. I have made chocolate snow cream and my sister told me today that she made a caramel coffee frappucino snow cream. Yum!!! So anyway, recipe time.

Ingredients
-Snow
-Sugar
-Milk
-Vanilla

Optional Ingredients
-Ovaltine
-Chocolate Milk
-Flavored syrups (whatever the heck kind you want, really)
-Honey
-Peanut Butter
-Caramel
-chocolate chips
-candy
-pickles
-just kidding about that last one
-unless you really wanna try that
-i mean, hey...whatever floats your boat
-Etc.

Directions
1) I wish I could tell you EXACTLY how to make this stuff, but really it's all to taste.
2) Just mix all of it together until it kind of looks crumbly (it will turn more "milkshakey" as it melts)
3) Taste it...if its not sweet enough, add more sugar. If it's too sweet, add more snow. Y'all are smart, I think you can handle it.



Here is a pretty picture of what it should look like :)

0 comments on "Snow Cream"

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez