Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cake Balls

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 5:28 PM

This is something that I tried that was another one of those "woah, that's cool...I gotta try that" recipes. And I was sure glad I did. I brought some back to school for my roommate, Allison, to taste-test. They didn't last long. They are super easy to make and leave PLENTY of room to be creative. You can mix and match whatever flavors you want to. I personally did funfetti/cream cheese/white chocolate. 1) because I think funfetti is God's gift to the world and 2) because we had it at home and I didn't feel like going to the grocery store. But you definitely could do pretty much whatever you wanted to with these little things! Chocolate cake/strawberry frosting/chocolate coating....red velvet/cream cheese/white chocoate...chocolate/peanut butter frosting/ melted reese's coating...you get the point.

Ingredients
-1 box of your favorite cake mix (prepare as directed)
-1 can of your favorite frosting
-1 (3 oz) bar of your favorite flavor of confectioners coating

Directions
1) Prepare cake as directed and let cool
2) Crumble cake and mix with frosting
3) Using a melon baller (or your hands), form the cake mixture into balls
4) Dip the balls in the melted confectioners coating
5) Place them on wax paper to dry

0 comments on "Cake Balls"

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez