Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Caramel Pumpkin Pudding Muffins

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 5:43 PM

I think I am addicted to pumpkin...it might even be diagnosable. I found this recipe through one of my favorite daily email suppliers, Hungry-Girl. She is all about taking our favorite foods and making them healthy. Now, before you hit the backspace button and go running and screaming from your computer at the thought of "healthy", I promise you, I wouldn't put this on here if they weren't absolutely "try-worthy". And of course, you could exchange the "diet-sounding" stuff for the real deal and it would come out just the same. But for consistency's sake, I am going to post the ORIGINAL recipe. Oh, and p.s.- the recipe is for a BIG muffin tin but I did cute little ones (refer to picture)

Ingredients
-2 cups of moist-style yellow cake mix
-1 cup canned pumpkin
-1/3 cup liquid egg substitute (or 2 medium eggs)
-2 tablespoons sugar-free maple syrup (or regular maple syrup)
-2 teaspoons cinnamon
-2 teaspoons Splenda (or sugar)
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-1/3 cup water

Topping
-caramel syrup (optional)

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Combine all ingredients and whisk for about 2 minutes
3) Spray the bottom of a 12-cup muffin tin
4) Spoon the batter into the tins and bake for 12 minutes
5) Once muffins have cooled, drizzle with caramel syrup

0 comments on "Caramel Pumpkin Pudding Muffins"

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez