Sunday, January 31, 2010

"Jennifer Special" (grilled PB&J)

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 1:18 PM

When I was little, my two MOST FAVORITE lunches of all time were grilled cheese and peanut butter and jelly. I remember being about 4 or 5 and sitting on the bar stool at the island in our kitchen and watching Dad make them for me and him always cutting them into quarters...just like I like em! One day, he decided to combine the two sandwiches and call it a "Jennifer Special" since it was like the EPITOME of everything I liked. And boy is it good. I have to be creative, but I still make these at school and they bring back so many good memories of daddy-daughter days. Here's exactly how I like em.

Ingredients
-2 slices of white bread
-Country Crock spreadable butter
-Lots of extra crunchy peanut butter
-Strawberry preserves



Directions
1) If you know how to make grilled cheese, you know how to make a Jennifer Special
2) Butter the outside of both slices of bread
3) Put peanut butter on the inside of one of the slices
4) Put jelly on the other
5) Heat your pan
6) Put your sandwich together and put in the pan
7) When the sizzle stops, flip the sandwich over
8) When the sizzle stops on that side, you're done :)

0 comments on ""Jennifer Special" (grilled PB&J)"

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez