Sunday, January 24, 2010

Crock Pot Chocolate Cake...holy freaking cow.

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 2:58 PM

I heard about this recipe from my roommate, Allison. I had never heard of using a crock pot for cakes but this is absolutely incredible and I can't believe I have never done this before! I will DEFINITELY make this again...and again....and again :) I think I should rename this recipe simply "wrong". Because NOTHING should EVER taste this good. Positively sinful.


Ingredients

-1 cup all-purpose flour

-2 teaspoons baking powder

-6 tablespoons butter

-1/3 cup chocolate chips (I used Andes mints WOAH)

-1 cup sugar (divided)

-2/3 cup cocoa (divided)

-1 tablespoon vanilla

-1/4 teaspoon salt

-1/3 cup milk

-1 egg yolk

-1/3 cup brown sugar

-1 and 1/2 cup hot water


Directions

1) Melt butter and chocolate chips together in the microwave

2) Stir until smooth

3) Add 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, vanilla, salt, milk, egg

4) Add flour and baking powder

5) Pour into the bottom of the crockpot

6) In a separate bowl, mix 1/3 cup sugar, brown sugar, 1/3 cup cocoa, hot water

7) Stir together until sugar is dissolved

8) Pour over the top of the batter in the crock pot and DO NOT MIX

9) Cook and cover on high for about an hour and 15 minutes

0 comments on "Crock Pot Chocolate Cake...holy freaking cow."

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez