Friday, January 29, 2010

Amber Alert Chocolate Pecan Pie

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 4:28 PM


This pie has a story behind it...one Sunday afternoon, I was contemplating what to make for the potluck supper at church that night. I soon decided on Paula Deen's chocolate pecan pie. 1) because it's from Paula Deen 2) because it's pecan pie 3) because there's chocolate in it. I don't know, it sounded like a pretty easy decision to me. I was told that we needed to be there by 6:30. So I took my time and was quite pleased with the amount of time I had left over after I had put it in the oven (plenty of time to set!). Until my dad came in (at 10 to 6) and said it was time to go because it started at 6:00! I had to pull the pie out prematurely and take it "as-is". I was hoping that it would set as it cooled so I hid it in the church kitchen until it was time for dessert. When I went back to the kitchen to put it out...IT WAS GONE!!! THE WHOLE STINKIN' THING! GONE! Apparently, someone took the whole pie out to their car! When I found out who took it, I asked them about it and then never asked for it back because I felt bad. Obviously, my dad didn't feel as sympathetic toward the man because he made him give it back (hee-hee) and I'm glad he did because this thing was the BOMB! It still hadn't set but it was still good (all gooey...mmmm). So that's why this pie is called what it is. :)

Ingredients
-1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
-2 cups pecan halves
-3 large eggs, beaten
-3 tablespoons butter, melted
-1/2 cup dark corn syrup
-1 cup sugar
-3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped

Directions
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
2) Cover bottom of pie crust with pecans
3) In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted butter
4) Add the corn syrup, sugar, bourbon and the chopped chocolate
5) Stir until all ingredients are combined
6) Pour mixture into the pie shell over the pecans and place on a heavy-duty cookie sheet
7) Bake for 10 minutes
8) Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue to bake for an additional 25 minutes or until pie is set
9) Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack

0 comments on "Amber Alert Chocolate Pecan Pie"

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez