Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Fruit Pizza

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 1:35 PM

I had never even heard of fruit pizza until last semester when we had a nursing presentation and someone brought it to eat. Holy cow! Who knew that something so simple could be so good! So, of course, I went home and made it myself. I am probably the only person who didn't know about this but...I still think it's good. I used a sugar cookie recipe from scratch but you can do it the easy way.

Ingredients
-1 (18 oz) package refridgerated sugar cookie dough
-1 (8 oz) package softened cream cheese
-1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping
-2 cups of your favorit fruit (I used kiwi, strawberry, and banana)

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350
2) Slice cookie dough and place it in the bottom of a greased pizza pan, overlapping the slices. Then press the dough down uniformly.
3) Bake for 10-12 minutes and allow to cool
4) In a bowl, fold the whipped topping into the softened cream cheese and spread over the cookie
5) Slice your favorite fruit and place on the pizza however you'd like

TIP- when using bananas, make sure to dip them in lemon juice before putting them on the pizza to avoid looking yucky and brown

1 comments on "Fruit Pizza"

Miss Ash on January 27, 2010 at 4:29 PM said...

You are too cute!! Why don't you become a paula deen?? You could rock that!!!! p.s. I love your blog, I guess I don't know how to make a cute one.. mine is so boring! help?! miss you jen!!

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez