Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brown Sugar Chewy Bread

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 1:09 PM


I didn't die!!! I am so very sorry it's been so long since I updated my blog. I have been crazy busy! I got to spend this past weekend with some of the greatest people on the planet...my camp friends! I went back to VJGC to work for the weekend. It was wonderful and the kids were awesome! But anyway, I am back at school and realizing just how ready I really am for spring break! I haven't been able to cook much (no kitchen) but today while eating at the Rot (for those of you who don't go to Liberty, that is our "cafeteria"), I got to eat these delicious blondies for dessert! They reminded me a lot of a recipe that my mom used to make a lot when I was growing up. Chewy Bread. It's a lot like a blondie but better.

Ingredients
1 box light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter (softened)
3 eggs
2 c. coarsely chopped pecans
2 c. self-rising flour

Directions
1) Mix the first four ingredients in a large bowl.
2) Add pecans.
3) Stir in flour a little at a time until a thick dough forms.
4) Press into a 9x12 pan.
5) Bake at 325 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
6) Cool, cut into squares.

0 comments on "Brown Sugar Chewy Bread"

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez