Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Boss Bacon Burgers

Posted by Jennifer Ashley at 8:07 PM


Boss Bacon Burgers
Sooo...I was babysitting last Saturday night for my cousin, Corinne. After putting sweet little Joss to bed, I started doing some homework and turned on the Food Network for some background noise. What began as something to keep me company while I did my nursing math, soon became my main focus (as my usual with the Food Network). They were having a marathon on BURGERS!!! Having been on a diet for some time now, I hadn't had one in SO long. So, the next day I was craving burgers like CRAZYYY!!! I had to fix that. I forced my mom to go to the store with me after church to get the stuff. Here's what we made.




Ingredients
-2 lbs ground beef
-1/4 cup BBQ sauce
-1 tablespoon brown sugar
-1 tablespoon italian seasoning
-Dale's marinade
-1 and 1/2 yellow onion
-2 can mushrooms
-4 slices of bacon for INSIDE the burger
-8 hamburger buns
-more brown sugar
-however many slices of bacon you want on TOP of your burger
-other burger staples (lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, etc.)

Directions
1) Sautee 1/2 an onion, 1 can of mushrooms, and 4 raw slices of bacon (all chopped into small pieces)
2) In a large bowl, incorporate the sauteed mixture with your hands.
3) Add in 1 tblsp brown sugar, italian seasoning, and BBQ sauce and mix well (feel free to add any more seasonings you want to at this point like salt, pepper, etc)
4) Form the hamburger into 8 equal patties. Marinate the patties in equal parts Dale's marinade and BBQ sauce (holy moley people)
5) Cook the hamburger patties in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat (we didn't wash the pan after cooking the bacon so it could cook in all that yummy bacon-ness...mmm). Once they've cooked you can place your preferred cheese over each patty, cover the pan and let it melt
6) After the hamburger is done, remove the burgers and sautee 1 whole onion (sliced) with 1 can of mushrooms (use the same pan...mmm) until the onions have turned golden-brown

***OK, this next part may sound weird but DO IT!!! it MAKES these burgers, I SWEAR!!!

7) Butter each of the hamburger buns (both top and bottom buns)
8) Top each of them with brown sugar and spread evenly
9) Broil the buns until the sugar on top has caramelized
10) Then, you're ready to build your burger--bun, burger, cheese, grilled onions/mushrooms/lettuce/tomato/mayo/ketchup/etc.!
11) Eat it...but try not to eat it too fast (although you'll be tempted to because it is so good)...enjoy it! :)

0 comments on "Boss Bacon Burgers"

Post a Comment

 

Sweetie Pie Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez